Curriculum Vitae / Résumé
Right to Work
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Citizen of the Commonwealth of Australia
Alstom Digital Mobility
Product Solutions Engineer - January 2015 to present
- Provides dedicated support and promotes the usage of Alstom's entire product portfolio for a Class 1 customer.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for power operated switch machines and their associated vital circuits.
- Develops custom electrical and mechanical designs to enable pilot testing and acceptance of new and existing products, assisting in business development.
- Designs, builds, operates, and maintains internal testing facilities to test new products under development.
- Provides technical guidance to Application Engineering groups both internal and external on in-cab signaling.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews technical documentation for products new and existing.
Engineer Interlocking Systems - July 2013 to January 2015
- Developed and supported wayside signaling technologies for PTC implementation.
- Collaborated with engineers, field personnel, and vendors in the process of isolating the root cause of PTC failures.
- Organized and directed efforts to supplement 220 MHz ITC radios with fiber optic and licensed radio communications paths.
- Coordinated the prototype implementation of an ITCM based CTC system with the Signal, Telecom, and IT Departments.
- Supervised system wide rollout of vital software updates to Alstom EletroLogIXS, VHLC, EC4, and Hitachi MicroLok II products to increase signal system and PTC reliability.
- Developed vital applications on Alstom ElectroLogIXS and Hitachi MicroLok II platforms to test new communications systems and support PTC Wayside Message Server software development.
Signal Construction Supervisor - January 2011 to July 2013
- Deployed, tested, and in-serviced IP fiber-optic communications paths for Alstom ElectroLogIXS vital links in Fresno, California, the first of its kind on the BNSF System.
- Demonstrated testing methodology and system functionality to state and federal regulatory officers.
- Integrated radio and cellular messaging gateways for vital links and PTC systems.
- Led a diverse installation team comprised of unionized and non-unionized personnel.
- Encouraged safety and awareness, team in-serviced over 400 unique locations without incident or injury.
Laboratory Technician - September 2010 to January 2011
- Assisted in the fabrication and assembly of special purpose batteries.
- Fabricated test cells; tabulated and analyzed test cell performance data.
- Devised fixtures to demonstrate power density and life of cells.
Engineering Research Co-Op January 2008 to May 2010
- Designed and constructed laboratory equipment for the testing of chemical contaminant remediation methods in sediments.
- Designed and fabricated data acquisition systems for measuring shear wave velocity in soils.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Graduated May 2010
- Capstone Design Course in Environmental Engineering
- Project Courses in Geometric Design of Highways
- Study Abroad in Sustainable Transportation Design (Netherlands)
- Transportation Planning and Design; Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- Webmaster, American Society of Civil Engineers Student Chapter
- Photo Editor, The Northeastern News, Summer 2008
- Staff Photographer, The Northeastern News, 2005-2008
Grades and Awards
- GPA 3.856 on a 4.0 scale, Cumulative GPA in top 100 of graduating class
- Reggie Lewis Scholarship, Full tuition scholarship, Top 2% of applicant pool
- F.E. Exam Passed June 2010
Michigan Technological University
Summer in Finland Program - May 2009 to June 2009
Intensive international program in railway engineering, knowledge transfer through Tampere University of Technology, Finnish Railways, and others.
- Alstom ACE Compiler and PTC Configuration Tool
- Hitachi MicroLok II Development System and WIU App Builder
- DSS SolidWorks
- Autodesk AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Microsoft Office
- Markdown and MkDocs Documentation
- Linux, C++, Visual Basic
Cars, cycling, computers, photography and photo editing, motorcycles, cooking, wood and metal working